- A baccalaureate degree in a biological or physical science or in mathematics, computer science or engineering.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.2 (on a scale of 4) or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Scores from the general Graduate Record Exam (GRE). (Institution code 2927, Department code 0609 – Medical Science) GRE Scores must be less than 5 years old.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation. Letters from faculty familiar with the applicant's research accomplishments are of particular value to the evaluation process.
- Applicants who are citizens of countries where English is not the official language (and the Province of Quebec in Canada) are required to submit evidence of English language proficiency by submitting the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum result of 100 iBT TOEFL, or a minimum result of 7.0 on the IELTS is required for admission to the program. Scores must be less than two years old. To submit TOEFL scores, use Institution Code 2927 and Department Code 45. IELTS results certificates are to be sent directly to the Graduate Studies Office. Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree or a higher degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States are exempt from submitting English language proficiency test results.
Please complete and submit the online application, as well as all your supplemental materials by this date. Applications are reviewed by our Admissions Committee as they become complete (i.e. receipt of all recommendation letters, transcript(s), GRE General and if required, TOEFL score reports).